Please login or register. October 22, 2018, 02:28:52 PM

Author Topic: Credits offset database?  (Read 13678 times)

knuterik

Credits offset database?
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:57:20 AM »
Do anyone here know of a database or list containing the credits offset time for cinema features?
The information is usually written on the hard disks, but I often forget to write it down in my evernote. DCPs from other than the big studios seldom have this information at all, and then I have to  fast forward through the movie to find out where the end credits start.
It would be nice with a listing on the web!

luca

• View Profile
Re: Credits offset database?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:47:30 AM »
I don't know any such database. Do you need that information to program the automation to do something at that point in the cinema  (half light, open automatic doors or something like that) ?
On that point I think exhibitors and cinematographers do not quite agree ... to say the least, otherwise from the technical point of view that information should be in the cpl and all the process could be automatic, no need for you to even program the time.

Terrence Meiczinger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:55:25 AM »
I'm not aware of any online database. Even the ones on the drive are off sometimes. I don't know about the film-makers, but customers often like the lights coming up half-way at the credits.

jonathanj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
Film-Tech has a very good list, which goes back quite some time...

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f3.html

If the above link doesn't work, goto their "Forum" --> "Feature Info, Trailer Attachments & REAL Credit Offsets".

If you can't find a specific title and you know it should be out, please make a new topic and include the name of the film, the year the word 'REQ' or 'Request' aswell in the topic.

Coeur Noir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 01:53:48 PM »
Here's one I daily use, in France, which is updated by projectionnists and some guys from a cool numeric lab :

http://creditoffset.free.fr/

jamiegau

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
The need for this should go away soon I hope as there is a new proposal to add more meda data to the cpl, which include....

ta-da, the credits offset. (Quite amazing it was not there before).

So credit Q's may soon be automatic.
Projectionists will have nothing to do..

A draft is out on the ISDCF if your interested.

James

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »