Please login or register. June 25, 2019, 04:33:37 PM

Author Topic: Rebuilding DCP created as reels  (Read 2751 times)

funkytwig

• View Profile
Rebuilding DCP created as reels
« on: October 13, 2015, 05:14:13 AM »
I have a DCP that was created as reels (there are 5 reels, 5 video mxf, 5 sets of audio files, 5 subs). One of the reels had a flash frame (in original footage) and this has been fixed. I can get hold of all the video, audio and sub files as individual reels so I have two questions.

1) Is there any Open Source DCP creation software that can build a DCP from these files.  I generality use DCP-O-Matic and have asked on there forum if this is possible but not got a response yet.

or

2) Can I just recreate a new MXF for the reel with the problem and put it in the DCP file structure (i.e. overwriting the MXF for the reel with the problem).  How would I do this.

3) the other option is stitch all the reels together. I know how to do this for the video and audio but the (XML) subtitles are also in reels.  Is it possible to stitch these together into a single XML subtitle file.

Regards,
Ben

Terrence Meiczinger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuilding DCP created as reels
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »
The command line version of opendcp will let you create a DCP from reels. However, subtitles are only supported in SMPTE mode.

funkytwig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »
OK, the plot thickens.  Turns out the DCP is encripted, director asked for it not to be but the people making it screwed up.

We have the DKDM, is it possible to take the DCP and create an unencrypted version, which is what the director wants.

We would then want to recreate a reel from the TIFFS and replace the MXF for that reel.  Would that break the checksum?

Ben

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »