Please login or register. August 20, 2018, 06:48:47 AM

Author Topic: Encrypted MXF  (Read 2420 times)

Floating Point

• View Profile
Encrypted MXF
« on: August 02, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »
Has someone tried in practice to create encrypted MXF with OpenDCP and then to reproduce it through DCP installation?

I wanted to test this functionality, so I created encrypted video essence and generated appropriate KDM as part of my regular workflow for key management. DCP was loaded correctly to server, KDM was also loaded correctly, server unlocked the DCP and made it playable. So, the playout started - subtitles were shown correctly but the picture was totally buggy, lots of unregognizable artifacts in different colours - but the server played it like everything was ok.

Is it maybe some known issue with encrypted DCPs made by OpenDCP because I haven't had any problems of this type when creating unencrypted MXF essences?

Terrence Meiczinger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Encrypted MXF
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
It could definitely be a bug in OpenDCP as Encryption is a new feature and not heavily tested. Can you grab a picture of what the frame looks like? Can you try it in EasyDCP player?

Floating Point

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »
I can transfer you this DCP somehow (it's not a very large package) and generate a KDM for you. If I have the occasion to test it again on this particular server, I'll do a snapshot also.

I don't have a registered version of EasyDCP Player, so I can't play it there.

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »