Please login or register. November 13, 2018, 02:49:54 PM

Author Topic: Adjusting audio levels for Dolby Main Fader Knob 7.0 ref setting  (Read 3791 times)

Wolfgang Woehl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Adjusting audio levels for Dolby Main Fader Knob 7.0 ref setting
« on: December 30, 2013, 09:05:24 AM »
In case you're testing a DCP in a cinema and find that you have to rotate the Dolby's CP650/750 Main Fader Knob (used to control volume) away from the reference setting of 7.0 you may want to adjust your audio levels. Using db-adjust-for-dolby-fader-ref.rb will tell you by how much.

julieceylan

• View Profile
Re: Adjusting audio levels for Dolby Main Fader Knob 7.0 ref setting
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:11:20 AM »
Wolfgang,

Your software is great, thank you. You seriously should consider making them more practical to use with a gui for Mac and Windows. Command lines are nice, but outdated and reserved to experts. The aim of of programmer is to have his work used, no ?It's like writing a nice text but releasing on a bad printed paper.

Cheers,

Julie

Lars_G

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »
The good thing with Wolfgang's wonderful scripts and offerings is that they're all open source, so if someone needs a GUI they can turn the script into a GUI themselves, and share it back to Wolfgang!.

Myself, I'll propably GUI up dcp_inspect soon, to help someone less inclined to use the cli interface in my two person comaƱy in using it.

Btw, CLI is not "outdated", it's just a different interface, for a slightly different use mode.

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »