Please login or register. June 20, 2019, 03:17:07 PM

Author Topic: Commercial Tools  (Read 36080 times)

Wolfgang Woehl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Commercial Tools
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »

hdvprojection

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 05:55:40 AM »
Understood. I've already fought the good fight at work regarding Windows, and I lost. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre..

hdvprojection

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 06:46:50 PM »
Just to follow up, the latest version of DCPlayer (6.2.10) runs OpenDCP packages perfectly.    :)

Shrek2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 04:08:59 PM »
Is anyone using the latest version of EasyDCP Player? 2.0.4 or 2.0.6 ? It seems the demo version of the 2.0.6 removes the error detailed info, very useful to fix errors on DCPs. Is anyone using the full 2.0.6 ? Which is the improvement over 2.0.4?

schmiddl

• View Profile
EasyDCP Transcoder plus OpenDCP
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 05:37:02 AM »
I have been using the easyDCP Transcoder to create JPEG2000 sequences and OpenDCP to do the rest.
easyDCP Transcoder costs only 800 Euros, maybe thats why they don't advertise it on they website ;).
Essentially it is only the JPEG2000 encoder of easyDCP Creator. And you can input TIFFs, Quicktimes, MP4, etc..

This way I have the best of both worlds. The JPEG2000 conversion is so fast and has such a great quality at very low bitrates.
And no stair stepping in dark gradients (an issue I have had with OpenDCP).

jamiegau

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »
Just a few notes on what I have seen in this thread.

EasyDCP uses fraunhofer technology.  They have their own J2K encoder, and one would expect with a reputation like theirs, thats what they would use. (Tho its not as good as Kakadu in my opinion)
Nearly every other commercial software now used Kakadu.  As its the best.   Best bit per quality etc.  I would not touch OpenJPEG if I could help it (For any feature film content).  Its simple not as good an encoder as kakadu.

CineAsset recent upgrade to 7, I would recommend.  And as its from Doremi (Dolby now), who are the largest SMS vendor in the market, you would expect reliability..  the biggest issue with making DCPs.

Terrence Meiczinger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 11:48:38 PM »
EasyDCP uses Kakadu 6.4.1. This can be verified by doing strings on the EasyDCP executable, in this case 2.2.7.

Code: [Select]
$ strings easyDCP\ Creator+\ Demo | grep -i Kakadu-
Kakadu-v6.4.1

Quality-wise OpenJPEG is as good as Kakadu. Here is a good article that does a statistical analysis comparing encoders.

http://www.scape-project.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/iPres2013_Palmer_JPEG2000Codecs.pdf

In the Conclusions, section 5.1 they state:

"For our test images and codec settings, the best quality encoder-decoder pair was OpenJPEG-OpenJPEG."

sergkos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 05:16:08 AM »
Hi!

I know about DCP Maker - online converter to DCP
Price: 3-15$ per 1 min

https://dcpmaker.com

Julius

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 06:37:59 AM »
We use EasyDCP Creator and Player and are very content with the workflow. EasyDCP offers additional support for IMF Packages, which we think will be of importance in the near future. Also it is the most independent company in the market, which might give some motivation for good support and future development...
Also new formats like IMF or HFR are implemented quite fast.

See: https://digital-cinema-mastering.com/en/news_en/new-formats-and-higher-bitrates-for-digital-cinema-packages/

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 06:37:59 AM »