Please login or register. September 20, 2018, 08:07:29 PM

Author Topic: JPEG2000 Encoding Failure  (Read 5468 times)

geopisa

• View Profile
JPEG2000 Encoding Failure
« on: January 14, 2013, 04:50:07 PM »
hello, I am new to this forum and made my first experiences with opendcp a while back. now that I'm again in need of that great application (i updated it from 0.19b to 0.27.1) I have a problem with the jp2 conversion.

When I try to convert my tiff files to a jp2 sequence it always gives me an error message: "JPEG2000 Encoding Failure - Some files were unable to be encoded. Click 'show details' for a list." I don't know where the problem is. Codec? Although with every other app I use (apple preview, photoshop...), I'm able to write jp2 files. Opendcp also can't show me an image preview. the message says: "Image preview not supported for this file."

Also tried the older version 0.26. It crashed right after pressing the convert-button.

I use opendcp on my 2008 imac with osx 10.6.8. Version: opendcp 0.0.26 mac.x86_64

I'm thankful for any advice.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mytbyte

• View Profile
Re: JPEG2000 Encoding Failure
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 02:19:58 AM »
if you can use Adobe After Effects, I find it easiest to export DCI compliant JPEG2000 sequences using fnord j2k exporter: http://www.fnordware.com/j2k/

AE should read any flavour of TIFF file

just remember to set the AE project colorspace to DCDM...you can set it to render multiple frames simultaneously to speed up the thing if you just do the encoding (and not much of the resizing or other effects in the composition) - it will use all your cores to the max...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:54:15 AM by mytbyte »

hdvprojection

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 08:59:54 PM »
Try to convert a folder full of tiffs to j2k and getting the standard error message:
JPEG2000 Encoding Failure. Some files were unable to be encoded.

This is for the entire series, no images successfully converted.

Here's MediaInfo output for the first tiff (just a black image, so not terribly large):
Code: [Select]
General
Complete name                            : /media/HDV/6TB NTFS/Work/DCPs/Project/Feature 4k/tiff/000001.tiff
Format                                   : TIFF
File size                                : 135 KiB

Format                                   : PackBits
Width                                    : 3 996 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Color space                              : Y
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless

Also, no special characters anywhere in the path (as mentioned in another thread). Let me know if you need an example uploaded. I'm at a loss...

hdvprojection

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 05:45:06 PM »
I retried this at work, and I think maybe I'm just a moron... not sure now if I selected Cinema 4K up above before transcode. I'll check again tonight. Thanks.

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 05:45:06 PM »