Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 04:02:13 AM

Author Topic: re-assemble of DCP  (Read 11972 times)

dBZ

re-assemble of DCP
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:47:01 AM »
hi guys,
I have a question about re-assembling of DCP. Is there a way how to find out which files belong together without assetmap?

I thought about something like reading UUID from MXF files but I dont know how..

Could you please give me some hint?

darklover

• View Profile
Re: re-assemble of DCP
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 09:04:19 AM »
1)to see the UUID of an asset , compile asdcplib and try :
asdcp-info asset.mxf -H
you'll see the AssetUUID value.

2) more easy :
if you want to "re-assembling" yours mxf files, try with OpenDCP, click on TAB "DCP Package"

dBZ

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »
darklover, thanks a lot for your reply but I am not sure If we understand each other.
(sorry for my English, I cannot speak well)

I downloaded some content on my HDD through Dolby server DSS200 HDD-dock and on my disk are stored only MXF and PKL files. The content is then readable and playable on other DSS200 server without any problem (but not on DO-RE-MI / I thing because assetmap is missing) so I think Dolby servers needn't assetmaps at all so they don't store them.

The thing what I am trying to do is to store a certain content from Dolby DSS200 server through its FTP.  Unfortunately the server stores its contnet data without any order - basically every file of each DCP is in the same folder and without assetmaps.

Is there a way how could I find out which MXF files belongs to certain PKL (if I am right, in PKL file are written UUIDs of its every MXF but I don't know how to read MXFs UUID) ?

Pegbars

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »
Can you look at the date and timestamp of the files?  That should get you close to the filenames that belong together.

dBZ

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »
that's a really nice idea, Pegbars, thanks for that! but I would like to use a method that assures completeness of the re-assembled package without need of testing it.

there has to be a way how to get UUID of MXF file.. :(

Terrence Meiczinger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »
The UUID for the MXF File is in both the CPL and PKL. For the most part, the UUID should be the same as the file name.

dBZ

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »
I know .. but I want to get UUID from MXF file (as identifier of MXF file), unfortunately I don't know how .. :(

my idea is as follows: I want to open PKL file get every UUID stored there, then open MXF files, load their UUID and compare them with the set of my UUIDs (from PKL)  till I identify all related files.

Terrence Meiczinger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »
For most DCPs... the convention is that the filename of the MXF contains it's UUID. If you want to explicitly get the UUID of the MXF from the header, the you'll need to do as darklover suggests....

1)to see the UUID of an asset , compile asdcplib and try :
asdcp-info asset.mxf -H
you'll see the AssetUUID value

Wolfgang Woehl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
I downloaded some content on my HDD through Dolby server DSS200 HDD-dock and on my disk are stored only MXF and PKL files. The content is then readable and playable on other DSS200 server without any problem ...

Without a CPL (composition) you won't be able to play those assets. You sure you didn't copy a CPL as well?

... (but not on DO-RE-MI / I thing because assetmap is missing) so I think Dolby servers needn't assetmaps at all so they don't store them.

Let's agree on this: There needs to be a mechanism to map file locations to numbers (UUIDs). Every cinema SMS has this in one form or another. None of them stores the original assets maps. Some will internally assign modified or entirely different IDs to ingested assets. Unless you know the mechanism you're stuck with onboard export tools -- if there are any.

And yes, what darklover and Terrence said.

freedcp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 04:47:51 AM »
Quote from: dBZ link=topic=224.msg1541
I downloaded some content on my HDD through Dolby server DSS200 HDD-dock and on my disk are stored only MXF and PKL files. The content is then readable and playable on other DSS200 server without any problem (but not on DO-RE-MI / I thing because assetmap is missing) so I think Dolby servers needn't assetmaps at all so they don't store them.

The thing what I am trying to do is to store a certain content from Dolby DSS200 server through its FTP.  Unfortunately the server stores its contnet data without any order - basically every file of each DCP is in the same folder and without assetmaps.
Hi,
I have the same problem here with Dolby DSS200. When it digest DCPs, there is only the .mxf and the cpl file. What make the digested DCP only work on another Dolby's server, not a Doremi one.
BUT... i have see from connecting to the DSS200 from FTP there is a folder called "assetmap" with some of the "lost" files.. so Dolby ingest them but not digest them (as they don't need them i think...)
So, I too, have to "repackage" the DCPs for ingest back on Doremi when digested from a Dolby server... :(

The way we find to bypass this problem is to build an linux library where we store the movies then we copy them from FTP to our Dolby DSS200 server.

BTW, i have a question about that:
I always use OpenDCP for "repackage" the DCPs and it's work like a charme, except for the subtitles.
When i try to add the .xml subtitle file, i always get an error message who tell me it's not a valid MXF file... :(
But the file i try to use is the one used (with the arial's font) in the subtitle's folder like in "almost" every subtitle DCPs.

So is there a way to "repackage" a DCP with subtitles by adding subtitles as we do for the video/audio .mxf file ?

dBZ

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 05:25:42 AM »
thanks a lot you guys for your answers!

I'm trying to compile asdcp-info on Win64b for two days but without any working result :( If someone of you has working exe file I would be so greatful for download link.

Edit: ok .. I finally made it work!! ..

Or is there any other program for windows able to get UUIDs?

and mr. freedcp, which method do you use for picking the right files for particular package? I want to just store certain content from DSS200 and later use it only for the same server.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:29:25 AM by dBZ »

freedcp

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 11:04:59 AM »
and mr. freedcp, which method do you use for picking the right files for particular package? I want to just store certain content from DSS200 and later use it only for the same server.
I use 2 way to pick DCPs back from Dolby.
1. By plugging a CRU-Disk or USB Key/Disk into the Dolby server, and export the DCP from the TMS software into the media.
2. By connecting in FTP to the Dolby server and download the content to my computer. As you can upload DCPs by FTP too, i found than it's keep me the folder's name instead of modifing it with something like 575hg-g345-34gb-hkb3h-hhg (and it can be faster than USB)

Sadly, as said before, i only retrive the cpl file, not the pkl/volindex/assetmap. So i have to repackage it (with OpenDCP for example) for make it working into another server's brand.
And as i haven't manage to find the way to repackage a DCP with subtitle in OpenDCP, it's not a working option (same with encrypted DCPs).

BUT...
if you're looking from FTP into the "generatedPackages" folder in your Dolby's server, you will find the "complete" DCP with the CPL/PKL/VOLINDEX/ASSETMAP !  ;)
and for finding the good folder, the easiest way is to look at "Proprieties" of your DCP in your Dolby TMS Client and your will get the UUID needed to know the folder's name !
Hope it's can help you...

dBZ

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 09:33:42 AM »
BUT...
if you're looking from FTP into the "generatedPackages" folder in your Dolby's server, you will find the "complete" DCP with the CPL/PKL/VOLINDEX/ASSETMAP !  ;)
and for finding the good folder, the easiest way is to look at "Proprieties" of your DCP in your Dolby TMS Client and your will get the UUID needed to know the folder's name !
Hope it's can help you...

that helped me a lot .. THNAK YOU!

luca

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
@freedcp

@freedcp

And as i haven't manage to find the way to repackage a DCP with subtitle in OpenDCP

The problem is OpenDCP doesn't support Cinecanvas Subtitles and I guess you are talking about Interop DCPs. Once you will have SMPTE DCPs (SMPTE Subtitles) I see no reason why OpenDCP shouldn't be capable of repackaging subtitles.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:38:02 PM by luca »

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »