Please login or register. November 22, 2017, 05:17:51 PM

Author Topic: DCP Corrupted in DolbySS200  (Read 3711 times)

RIF/RAF

• View Profile
DCP Corrupted in DolbySS200
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:59:57 PM »
Hello there - I just tested a DCP hard drive I made for a feature film and trailer on a Dolby DSS200. After ingesting into the server, the files have a little red 'x' next to the file names. After clicking on either of the files, a dialog box pops up telling me the file is corrupted. The video track is 1920x1080 and the audio is 16-bit .wav. I just read that audio should be in 24-bit. Could this be the root of the error or is the video track size also a problem (although I've heard that size is all right)? I'm just trying to eliminate some factors.

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:44:27 PM by RIF/RAF »

hdvprojection

• View Profile
Re: DCP Corrupted in DolbySS200
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »
Every fatal error I've ever experienced with my DCPs has been on the Dolby DSS200. Not sure if that helps anyone, and sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'd love to know why homemade DCPs fail on Dolbys.

Terrence Meiczinger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
The audio track must be 24-bit PCM 48khz. If it is 16-bit, it will show up corrupted.

I havent seen any issues with OpenDCP and the DSS200 and I've ingested hundreds of DCPs. However, there have been some pretty bad firmware versions out there in regard to SMPTE DCPs.

Lars_G

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »
On my own side, the only trouble I've seen a DSS200 display so far (other than a comfortable but overly simplified and limited UI for my taste, as compared to doremis) is a DSS200 with 4.3 version firmware that stops showing interop xml+ttf (non mxfed) subtitles after around a 40 minute mark into the movie.

What we DO have run against is lousy pen drives that show you they copied the data whole, but have corrupted it (we create mostly short psas and the distribution rarely returns the media and we need to cover the whole country set of digital cinemas, so we run them on pen drives and bill the cost as part of production). Of course with a corrupted mxf file, the DSS200 shows the same output as with any other error in the dcp, a red X and no log of the error source. My advice is you always check the hashes on the definitive material (drive) before distributing.

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 04:42:01 PM »