Please login or register. April 24, 2017, 07:14:32 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Digital Cinema Packages / Re: Audio Format Metadata
« Last post by hdvprojection on April 23, 2017, 07:10:36 PM »
So, what exactly am I doing wrong? We tested several of our spots, and compared them to lab-issued trailers. The meta:MainSoundConfiguration tag appears to be missing from our DCPs.
Digital Cinema Packages / Re: Audio Format Metadata
« Last post by Terrence Meiczinger on April 23, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »
The servers do no parse anything from the title or name. The MainSoundConfiguration and other Meta-data are currently optional. The information regarding the audio format is contain within the MXF file.
Digital Cinema Packages / Audio Format Metadata
« Last post by hdvprojection on April 22, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »
How do I add the audio format of my DCPs to the CPL metadata. Several of the systems our exhibitors use ignore the name (they don't bother parsing out the "20", "51" or "71") and they cannot or will not simply detect the number of streams. They are looking for direction from the CPL, evidently a line like "cpl-meta:MainSoundConfiguration".

I'm not seeing options for this in OpenDCP, unless it has something to do with adding digital signatures. Is that it, or do I have to manually edit the CPL? If the latter, how would I do that?

We'd been led to believe that the Dolby 850 would automatically detect a 5.1, 7.1 or Atmos DCP and switch formats accordingly. I'm not so sure anymore. Please advise. Thanks.
OpenDCP / Re: Title Generator - Feature Request
« Last post by GrizzlyAK on April 14, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »
There is no specification for title naming and the DCNC in not a standard. It's meant to be human readable only and not for consumption by servers, so it should never be cause of a DCP failure.

Cool! That's good to know. Reading the DCNC it sounds pretty definitive, and does seem to indicate that missing fields could cause problem with ingest, hence my concern. I will defer to your experience, however, and not worry about it. EasyDCP had no trouble with my DCP and passed hash.

Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers,
Shane
OpenDCP / Re: Title Generator - Feature Request
« Last post by Terrence Meiczinger on April 14, 2017, 03:07:07 PM »
There is no specification for title naming and the DCNC in not a standard. It's meant to be human readable only and not for consumption by servers, so it should never be cause of a DCP failure. Adding the NULL option makes sense tho.
General Discussion / Re: What is Dolby Atmos
« Last post by Terrence Meiczinger on April 14, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »
No, perhaps when multi-dimensional audio is a full spec.
OpenDCP / Title Generator - Feature Request
« Last post by GrizzlyAK on April 14, 2017, 01:21:04 AM »
Hi Terrence,

I just used OpenDCP to package my DCP from JPEG2000 files generated from Ae and audio files generated in Au, and played it successfully in EasyDCP. It loaded and ran without issue, and the color matched what I saw in Ae. In a final check, I was looking over the DCP standards at ISDCF, and in particular the naming convention at http://isdcf.com/dcnc/ and read that many servers count the '_' to determine the fields in the title. I remembered  that I had not been able to enter some of the fields in the Title Generator when there is a drop down and none of the options fit. For example, the standard says to use NULL for any value that doesn't apply, but Title Generator doesn't allow that in any of the drop downs, like Studio, for example. I know I can edit the field manually to include such fields, and it seemed to work with the missing fields. I just thought it might be good in the Title Generator to have a NULL option at the top as a default if that field doesn't apply. The list of all the current fields for every entry as well as specifications are defined at the above link, which would be a great addition as a hot link right in the Title Generator for quick reference, or adding your own. I just don't know if some servers will choke on missing fields or not, but you and others may know it's not a problem. I did note also in the DCNC the following regarding the title string:

"This text string goes lots of other places, too. In addition to the entry of the naming convention in the ContentTitle Text of the CPL, it must also appear in the Annotation text of the CPL and in the annotation text of the PKL.  ALL these entries should MATCH EXACTLY. If they do not, confusion may result with end users."

I can't see that OpenDCP places the title string in the annotation fields in those other files. Again, may not be an issue, but just wanted to point this out in case you weren't already aware.

As a side note, I noticed that in Ver 0.30.0 on Windows 7 x63 Ultimate that none of the File menu options worked, i.le., I couldn't save, open, or save as. All options were unresponsive? Is this a known bug?

Thanks for making OpenDCP!

Shane
« Last post by hdvprojection on April 13, 2017, 02:22:35 PM »
Is Atmos integration anywhere on the horizon, perchance?
Digital Cinema Packages / Re: Subtiles again... outline vs. Shadow
« Last post by liloneum on April 07, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »
Hi,

I'm afraid the rendering will be worth with shadow.
The only way to get a rendering you really master is to go with png subtitles.
But you can have issues with interop content and some libraries and Doremi servers: png files not ingested correctly and subtitles that disappears in the middle of the film... (some occasional cases reported with DCPs I authored).
The better way to go is SMPTE and PNG, but you can have issues too with GDC and sony servers...
I have some good and proven experience with png subtitles, don't hesitate to ask.
Enjoy the spring!
« Last post by Terrence Meiczinger on April 05, 2017, 11:49:25 AM »
This is out of the scope of OpenDCP at this point. I don't have an ATOMS system to test against and I'm not even sure the specs are openly published.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10