Please login or register. December 13, 2017, 11:37:48 AM

Author Topic: can't seem to get a flawless check with title name  (Read 2609 times)

borjis

• View Profile
can't seem to get a flawless check with title name
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:48:01 PM »
Did a lot of reading/learning and created a test DCP this week for an upcoming job.

It seems like no matter how I fill out the title info (latest version of openDCP)

I always get 3 hints (related to the title naming) when I run dcp_check or
easy dcp player (warning, code 3)

I realize these are hints/warnings and not full blown errors and that
if I make sure these are on the drive  properly formatted to EXT3 MBR with inode 128
I won't LIKELY have a playback issue,

But is it possible to get a perfect with no warnings DCP with openDCP
or is this as good as it gets and be thankful lol?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 06:01:42 PM by borjis »

Terrence Meiczinger

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: can't seem to get a flawless check with title name
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »
There are no requirements on the title. If the DCP fails because of a title issue, then it is a fault off the playback system. The naming convention is merely considered best practices.

You'll need to post the warning/hints, otherwise, it is impossible to determine the problem and whether it can be corrected. You can always manually create the title as well and not use the title generator.

borjis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 02:09:07 PM »
I just meant getting a flawless (zero hints) output but it seems like it should be fine
for playback otherwise.   Big thanks for creating openDCP.

the 3 hints had to do with naming only:

Hint: CPL 2c6e02ac-5bae-4a50-8438-ca623819d26b: Issuer is empty
 Hint: CPL 2c6e02ac-5bae-4a50-8438-ca623819d26b: Naming convention: ContentTitleText "RAGE_TLR_S_EN-XX_US-R_51-EN_2K_LION_20140516_DCP_2D_OV" has more parts than expected (matching {:studio=>"LION", :facility=>"DCP", :film_title=>"RAGE", :content_kind=>"TLR", :aspect_ratio=>"S", :language=>"EN-XX", :territory_rating=>"US-R", :audio_type=>"51-EN", :resolution=>"2K", :date=>"20140516", :package_type=>"OV"}, missing {})
 Hint: CPL 2c6e02ac-5bae-4a50-8438-ca623819d26b: Naming convention: 11 parts matching: studio:"LION" facility:"DCP" film_title:"RAGE" content_kind:"TLR" aspect_ratio:"S" language:"EN-XX" territory_rating:"US-R" audio_type:"51-EN" resolution:"2K" date:"20140516" package_type:"OV"

loki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 07:45:31 AM »
Hi Borjis,

With dcp_check you are referring to dcp_inspect, right? I was wondering about those hints, too, when I was creating DCPs. Can't remember if I ever created one without getting some ;-)

First hint is easy to get rid of:
Add your name/company name in the Issuer box of OpenDCP when creating your DCP, so the issuer tag won't be empty in the CPL.

If your Trailer is only available in 2D, DCI naming convention states you can leave the 2D part out. Maybe that's one or two hints less for you. If the naming convention hints won't disappear and still bother you, you could dig in Wolfgangs source code of dcp_inspect here: https://github.com/wolfgangw/backports/blob/master/dcp_inspect#L585

As you can see in line 585 there is no 2D option, dunno why Wolfgang left it out.

Good luck
loki

hdvprojection

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »
I always get 4 hints, and no, I don't lose any sleep over them, but I do find it curious why I cannot get rid of them.
Code: [Select]
Naming convention: 3 parts missing: content_kind, territory_rating, package_typeThe only one that is actually ever missing is the rating, since nothing I encode ever has an MPAA rating. What gives?

dcinemaforum.com

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 01:09:23 PM »